Reflection

Technical Communication has been a great experience where I learned new skills in both writing and speaking. This class has helped me become a better writer and has taught me too effectively relay my thoughts in a useful way. I was able to benefit from a variety of new things from the class, as well as refresh my memory on things that I already knew but just needed a reminder. I felt that throughout the trimester the course has taught and helped me improve in different aspects of communication skills such as prewriting, writing, and public speaking.

The discussion that was held during this class contributed to my new-found knowledge of more effective communication. The discussions helped to break the ice among my classmates and me which better-improved bonds among all of us. We had some discussions that would contradict each other, but this taught us to be more persuasive by using evidence to back our thoughts. Many of the assignments in this class helped me to write reports and letters in the proper format.

It was a pleasure to work in Team HaMarcS. We as a group learned the importance of working together and to never shun one's idea. Even though we had positive feedbacks for our mock presentation, we all agreed that we could do better. We knew we had to improve and so, we just kept on practising and put the constructive feedback we had received into good use. Quite frankly, our final presentation was better than what we had expected. There will always still be room for improvement and I am certain it can only be achieved if each one of us puts in the effort.

I truly believe that the assignments and peer evaluations that were given and organized allowed us to look back to analyse, fix, our work to improve for the better. I will be walking away from Technical Communication with many learned and improved qualities that I can use in my life and hopefully help me exceed in my profession by setting goals and achieving them through a step by step process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Draft #2

Formal Letter

Draft #1